Bring energy and innovation to global marketing activities for life-saving brachytherapy cancer care technology
Elekta is the leading innovator of precision radiation technology that helps clinicians to focus their attention where it truly matters so that they improve, prolong and save the lives of people with cancer and brain disorders. Central to this worldwide effort is brachytherapy, a means of delivering radiotherapy from inside the tumor with optimized accuracy and minimal invasiveness. Elekta is global market leader in brachytherapy. What could be more satisfying than initiating and overseeing the global marketing programs for this business line?
Director Marketing Communications
Veenendaal, 40 hours a week
This is a highly involving and multidimensional role in which you are responsible for the global commercialization and promotion of Elekta brachy solutions worldwide across all communication channels, including symposia and trade shows. The introduction of new products is a central purpose but you also perform the ongoing placement and repositioning of existing products in response to market trends, new product introductions or competitive activity.
Another important element of the role is the promotion of brachytherapy as a treatment modality, positioning it as an optimum solution to the customer segments who have not yet adopted it. This includes all promotional activities and global marketing plans for the BrachyAcademy, an online community for the peer-to-peer education of (potential) customers.
You manage two Product Marketing professionals and work closely with the Director of Marketing Strategy and the Director of Sales, reporting to the VP and Head of Marketing and Sales Brachy Solutions. You also collaborate with our regional Marketing Teams worldwide as you perform a wide variety of tasks:
- Develop and maintain a global, strategic marketing communication plan for Elekta brachytherapy products and services that supports the brachytherapy marketing strategy;
- Develop competitive positionings including product comparison and objection handling with Product Management;
- Build and maintain a network of customers across market segments for proof point generation and messaging testing;
- Exploit the evolving advantages of digital marketing channels and formats;
- Drive and coordinate presence at national and international congresses and events;
- Design and drive Elekta brachytherapy and BrachyAcademy events while creating, maintaining and driving a network of strongly communicating and collaborating BrachyChampions across Elekta.
At all times you position Elekta brachytherapy products and services so that they resonate with customers and support the business strategy of Elekta as a whole. You also assume responsibility for direct reports, including target setting, coaching and performance management. Although some medical knowledge and experience is useful, you can leverage a network of technical and clinical expertise within the business line marketing team.
A meaningful role that combines freedom with accountability
Unique about this role is the way in which it connects you to products with a transformative ability to heal people and which are also suitable for use in developing countries. It also gives you the freedom to explore new communication possibilities. At the same time, you continuously test the effectiveness of Elekta brachytherapy marketing activities using business case/ROI tools while adapting strategies and techniques as necessary.
Can you combine innovation with organization?
To apply for this position, you should have the ability to embody a spirit of innovation and creativity along with the ambition to grow both yourself and the company. Along with this will come the powerful communication, project management and influencing skills necessary to achieve results across geographically dispersed teams and without formal authority. An affinity with B2B Sales is an advantage, as is experience in the field of medical devices. You should also be sensitive to other cultures while embodying a deep-rooted passion to understand and fulfill the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers around the world.
We also ask you to bring:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, with a Master’s and/or MBA preferred;
- At least 5 years of experience within an international marketing role, preferably in the medical field;
- Able to gain a rapid understanding of Elekta’s business lines and products and the market in which they operate;
- Self-starting, entrepreneurial and results-focused, able to move swiftly and proactively if results do not meet expectations;
- Effective leadership skills and able to educate, mentor and coach junior colleagues;
- Fluent written and spoken English;
- Willing and able to travel worldwide on a regular basis .
An attractive offer from a great organization
Elekta is an informal, forward-thinking and multicultural international organization that is fully focused on the wellbeing of our employees. To this end, we work in an environment of mutual support and willing collaboration across all our functions. In addition, there are numerous possibilities for growth and development within both the Netherlands and our global teams. Above all, you will always know that you are contributing to the improvement of cancer treatments worldwide.
Further benefits include:
- A permanent contract and a competitive salary that matches your experience;
- Bonus arrangement;
- 8% holiday allowance;
- 27 Vacation days and 13 ADV days per year;
- Company car;
- Tax-advantageous fitness package;
We look forward to hearing from great candidates
To apply, please use the 'Apply' button.