About EAGE (European Association of Geoscientists and Engineers)
EAGE’s main activities consist of the organisation of conferences, workshops, exhibitions and courses worldwide. We also publish the monthly magazine First Break for our members, scientific journals as well as many other scientific books that are available in our (online) Bookshop. We are an international organization with 19,000 members all over the world. The majority of our members work in the oil, gas and mining industry. EAGE’s main goal is to share knowledge, promote innovation and technical progress, and to foster the communication, fellowship and cooperation between those working in, studying or otherwise being interested in these fields. We have over 90 employees worldwide, with offices in The Netherlands (Europe office), Moscow, Dubai, Kuala Lumpur and Bogota.
For our Europe Office in Houten (Utrecht, the Netherlands) we are currently looking for a:
The Publications Manager reports to the BoD of EAGE. The Publications Manager works cross-functionally within EAGE and with several external publishing agencies. The position is located in Houten.
The role acts as a key point of contact and representative for EAGE for the project management, strategy and marketing of the Publications portfolio.
Portfolio Management and Development
- Develop the strategy for the portfolio; ensure alignment with the department’s and wider organization’s strategies.
- Continuous and pro-active maintenance of the existing portfolio, matching developments in the external marketplace, including the development of Open Access initiatives.
- Work with society partners on strategic journal development, launch plans, and overall business relationships.
- Negotiate and manage contractual relationships with journal editors, society partners and key customers.
Relationship Management and Networking
- Establish, manage and maintain excellent contacts and networks with key external stakeholders, including editors, authors, society representatives, university leadership and industry, with a view to understanding their professional and organizational needs and ongoing market developments.
- Establish, manage and maintain excellent contacts with key stakeholders within the company, including community development, corporate relations, production and technology teams, coordinating activities as they relate to the portfolio’s needs and development.
- Identify and map market needs and business opportunities.
- Develop, and where feasible acquire, new products and services, including society journals and conferences.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about the publications portfolio, database technologies and has an interest in geoscience, with excellent content development, project management and product management skills.
- Internal: with related departments about activities for the publications portfolio to align processes and communications.
- External: with relevant stakeholders (high complexity) about the delivery of content and services to negotiate and coordinate timely delivery.
What qualifications do you need?
- University working and thinking level
- A minimum of 5 years relevant working experience with copyediting and online publishing.
- Relevant and inside knowledge of trends and working practice in the publishing industry.
- Excellent knowledge of English and Dutch preferably.
- Communicative and service oriented.
- Extensive experience with Google suite.
- A competitive salary.
- 30 paid holidays.
- Non-contributory pension.
- Personal training budget.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated!