About the role
Ambassadors is a team of over eighty artists, creatives, composers, directors, designers and producers creating the finest content in advertising, film and art. Head of Creative is a big opportunity to help shape our studio’s vision and own our creative output.
As Ambassadors Head of Creative, you’ll use your industry experience and skilled creative eye to support, guide and manage our multidisciplinary team of designers, animators, writers, storytellers, directors and illustrators on projects big and small. Beyond this, you’ll also work alongside the wider Ambassadors team, whether that means the odd strategy session with our PR manager or working on a pitch deck with a producer. We want someone who not only loves making cool work but who can lead by example to drive a company culture of creativity, curiosity and inclusivity.
In this client-facing role, you’ll also get energy from building close relationships with our agency/production partners and brands. It’ll be your responsibility to ensure communication flows smoothly, clients are brought along on our creative journey, and we can ultimately help them achieve their goals as well as those of Ambassadors.
Ideally, we’re looking for someone with a background in creative, design or animation who’s now at a stage in their career for leadership and business development. Your bird’s-eye view of all projects will help them run smoothly, while also inspiring the team to push boundaries in the kinds of beautiful and interesting work we make for our clients. You love what you do and this passion and charisma rubs off on those around you too.
You should also be able to:
- Shoulder the responsibility of the quality and completion of all projects assigned to members of the creative, design and animation teams
- Direct and mentor the creative, design and animation teams to hone their techniques and develop their skills, as well as taking care of general team management tasks such as vacation requests and reviews
- Maintain and develop a professional workflow and pipeline for your team
- Day-to-day, work closely with producers and other heads of departments on project management and team resourcing
- Supports other heads and supervisors as requested and as resources permit across all disciplines
- Lead creative team on new projects and business pitches to help determine the appropriate strategies, timings and budgets
- Stay tapped into developing trends, innovations and happenings in the wider creative community
- Work closely with the PR manager to become a key ambassador for the company with an informed point of view you’re happy sharing on social, with media and at events (online and off)
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
What we offer
- The chance to work from two studio spaces in Amsterdam East and on the Herengracht, as well as flexible working from home
- A role in a team with a close-knit, multidisciplinary, international colleagues
- An opportunity to grow and shape Ambassadors’ creative, design and animation team and offering
- The chance to create outstanding creative work together with world-leading brands and agencies
Ambassadors is a creative production studio with a team of over eighty artists, creatives, composers, directors, designers, developers and producers crafting the finest creative content in advertising, film and art. Established in 2007 and with three studios across Amsterdam and New York, Ambassadors constantly lives up to its name as ambassadors of craft.
How to apply:
For details on how to apply please visit: https://jobs.ambassadors.com/head-of-creative/en